In this Excel tutorial, you will learn how to add average column to the pivot table in Excel. This is a very useful and simple trick.
How to get average in pivot table?
1. Open the Excel sheet where your pivot table is created.
2. Place your cursor anywhere on the pivot table. A PivotTable Fields box will appear.
How to add an average in pivot table?
3. Right-click the sum of the quantity in the value box section and select value field setting. A dialog box will appear. Select Average in the Summarize value by tab and click ok.
4. Drag the quantity into the value box.
5. The final result will be like this:
An average column has just been added to the pivot table.