This is Excel tutorial on how to make Fibonacci numbers form a sequence. After two starting numbers, the next number in the sequence is the sum of the two preceding numbers.
The Fibonacci ten numbers in the Fibonacci sequence are: 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 44, 65.
Preparing Fibonacci sequence formula
Here are the steps to creating a Fibonacci sequence in Excel:
Click on cell A1 and type the number "0" in it.
Click on cell B1 and type the number "1" in it.
Click on cell C1 and type "=A1+B1" in it
How to Create Fibonacci Sequence?
To copy the formula to the adjacent cells, place the mouse pointer on the bottom right corner of cell C1. You will see a black plus sign. Drag the plus sign to cell P1. You will see the number "612" in cell P1.
(optional) To continue the Fibonacci series, continue dragging to the right.
This will generate the Fibonacci sequence automatically.
Sum formula to create Fibonacci Sequence
To create a Fibonacci sequence in Excel, you can use a combination of the SUM function and a formula to generate the sequence. Here's how to create a Fibonacci sequence in Excel:
Set up the header row:
- In cell A1, enter "Number".
- In cell B1, enter "Fibonacci Sequence".
Enter the initial values of the sequence:
- In cell A2, enter "1".
- In cell A3, enter "2".
- In cell B2, enter "1".
- In cell B3, enter "1".
Enter the formula:
- In cell B4, enter the formula: =B2+B3.
- Copy the formula down the column for as many terms as you want in the sequence.
Autofill the number column:
- In cell A4, enter the formula: =A3+1.
- Select cell A4 and the cells below it.
- Click and drag the autofill handle (bottom right corner of the cell) down the column to fill in the numbers.
With this simple formula, you can create a Fibonacci sequence in Excel that calculates and displays the terms of the sequence based on the previous two terms.