This time you will teach yourself how to group data in your chart. The Excel tutorial may be useful for preparing consolidated chart for report or some kind of summary.
How to group data?
1. Preapare a table and group data there.
2. Select data and under Insert option in toolbar, In Column select first option.
How to group data in Excel chart?
3. Now in Toolbar under Design option, select Change Chart Type option.
4. Choose Stacked Column option.
5. Here you have your chart for grouped data.
How do I group my data in a PivotChart?
If you have ungrouped data, you don't have to worry. Manually grouping the data would take you too long. You can group your data with a PivotChart.
Pivot Chart groups your data automatically so you don't need to do anything else.
I have ungrouped transaction data and I'd like to create a chart from that.
It would be impossible to create a chart based on this data as multiple rows refer to the same customer and salesperson.
When creating a PivotChart, your data will be grouped automatically.
As you can see, the sales data have been grouped and my customers' transactions have been summed up.