In this lesson you will learn how to create and configure spin button in Excel.
Insert a form
A Spin button in Excel is a control that allows you to increment or decrement a value in a cell by clicking the up or down arrows of the Spin button. Here’s how to use it:
To insert spin button first go to Ribbon > Developer tab > Insert > Form controls and click Spin button.
Put spin button in your spreadsheet and adjust size. It should look like this:
Format the Spin Button
To configure spin button click right button and go to Format control > Control tab.
In the Format Control dialog box, go to the “Control” tab.
Choose Minimum value, Maximum value, Incremental change and link spin button with a cell.
In the “Minimum value” and “Maximum value” fields, enter the minimum and maximum values that you want the linked cell to have.
In the “Incremental change” field, enter the amount that the linked cell should increase or decrease when the Spin Button is clicked.
Now you can use the Spin Button to increase or decrease the value in the linked cell by clicking the up or down arrow of the Spin Button.
- You can use a Spin button in Excel to increment or decrement a value in a cell by clicking the up or down arrows of the Spin button.
- To insert a Spin button, go to the Developer tab and click the Insert > Form controls > Spin button button.
- To configure a Spin button, right-click it and go to Format control > Control tab.
- In the Format Control dialog box, you can set the minimum and maximum values, the incremental change, and the linked cell.
- Q: How do I link a Spin button to a cell?
- A: To link a Spin button to a cell, in the Format Control dialog box, enter the cell reference in the “Linked cell” field.
- Q: What is the incremental change?
- A: The incremental change is the amount that the linked cell should increase or decrease when the Spin button is clicked.
- Q: Where can I learn more about Spin buttons in Excel?
- A: You can learn more about Spin buttons in Excel at [Microsoft’s website](https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-spin-buttons-in-excel-0b6178c0-a505-4a24-995f-4402234d4792).