In this Excel charting tutorial, you will learn how to create a chart with baseline. You may need that for reports or checking filling the targets (eg. targets of production or sales).
When to use chart with a baseline?
You may need to use a chart with a baseline to visualize fulfilling the goals, reaching the targets, or showing the sales results.
How to create a chart with a baseline
1. Consider the data and plot the chart from it.
2. In the first row, enter the baseline value and drag it downward as shown below.
3. Open the chart window and, under the design tab, select the Select Data option.
4. A window will appear like the one shown below. Click on the Add option.
5. On selecting Add option, a small window will appear. Set the Series name as Baseline and for Series values select the whole column of Baseline from the data. Then press OK.
6. Now you will have a baseline in your chart window as shown below.
Your chart with a baseline is ready to use.