In this article you will learn quick trick how to hide content of cell. This trick is really useful and easy. Even beginners can use this trick as well.
Preparation of cell
To quickly hide the contents of cells in Excel just use custom formatting in cell:
1. Click the cell which content you want to hide.
Formatting the cell
2. Use the keyboard shortcut CTRL +1. Dialog box appears.
3. Click Custom, go to Type field and enter the value ;;; (three semicolons).
4. Confirm by clicking OK.
5. The cell contents won't be visible. As you see the B2 cell looks empty.
6. Remember! Content of cell will be still visible in the Formula Bar! (when you select the cell).