Making a ROTA on Excel is quite easy, with these simple steps:
1. Make the components that are relevant to the rota.
Note: you could use other components like Dates and time.
2. Write the names of all employees.
3. Write the time that the employees started.
Note: You'd see that the timing are different, there are some that start in the morning, evening, and at night.
4. Write the time that they end their shifts.
5. Write how many hours each of them work.
6. Write when the next shift enters, to make sure that they get latest information about work development.
I recommend at least 10 minutes, before officially starting their shift.